Thursday, April 10, 2014

The App that Saved Me

...from illiteracy. 


Since Zeph was born a year ago (a year ago!) I think I have read four and a half books--and two of them were complete and total fluff. Which, for me, is quite sad. It truly felt like something was missing from my life when for so many months I was too tired, or too caught up, or too lazy to read. There would be many a night where, after putting Zeph to bed, I would sink on the couch looking like a disheveled Norman Rockwell character, but ready to read...only to remember my book was upstairs by my bed. And I'd think, "Oh, never mind." 

Enter the Kindle app on my phone! Which is convienently in my pocket at all times! And the Seattle Public Library (great library) who lends ebooks! And my old library card! Which never expires! 

In two weeks I've read three and a half books. I keep thinking to myself, "This feels so good. This feels so good. I love being excited to read." It does. I do. 

4 comments:

Rachel said...

You've almost convinced me to get a smart phone. Almost.

Anita said...

I don't read on my cell phone but I carry my Kindle in my purse at all times! Like American Express, I never leave home without it!

Courtney said...

Nook has the same thing! Love it!! Because I'm always forgetting my nook at home, or don't have room for it in my purse.

ps - Unbroken is such a crazy book! I loved it.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ahhhhhhh, reading gives you balance. So glad you're able to do it again.