Friday, November 20, 2009

Dating in the Words of Willy

“But for mine own / part, it was Greek to me” (Julius Caesar)

“Come what come may, / Time and hour runs through the roughest day.” (Macbeth)

“But screw your courage to the sticking-place.” (Macbeth)

“My mind is full of scorpions.” (Macbeth)*

“The course of true love never did run smooth.” (Midsummer Night’s Dream)

“Why then ‘tis none to you; for there is nothing either good or / bad, but thinking makes it so.” (Hamlet)

“Hell is empty, and all the devils are here.” (The Tempest)


*Should I be worried there are so many Macbeth quotes in a blog about dating…?

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I don't know, but I am going to remember that "Hell is empty, and all the devils are here." That's a classic.

Thanks for broadening my quote category. Especially from Shakespear. The only one I remember from Shakespear is from Macbeth, too. "Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!" Sometimes I think of it when I do laundry.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Lynn said...

I am so curious about what events prompted this. Want to enlighten me?

Aunt Lynn

Ande said...

Aunt Lynn,

Just regular dating. Nothing special. Read my e-mail for further enlightenment :)

Unknown said...

Hi Ande,
I am not glad you needed a pick me up today, but I AM glad my blog gave you one. I hope everything is well and good with you too, cause I just think you're great.
Have a wonderful week and a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Steven said...

Dear Ande,

I am writing a comment for the sake of commenting. I have nothing more to say to you about this entry than I said when was reading it right next to you. But, I do hope this comment brightens your little world. P.S. I was making a Europe slide show the other day and I vote we go back... Next week maybe??