- Oranges and milk have been my only legitimate cravings. I had to start limiting myself to two oranges a day.
- Speaking of limiting...I thought I had pretty good self control until Joe put two pounds of Lindor chocolates in my Christmas stocking. Turns out I was wrong.
- Speaking of food...over the last year I happened to read quite a number of food related non-fiction books. My favorites were (click for reviews): The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food, and Love by Kristin Kimball, Knives at Dawn: America's Quest for Culinary Glory at the Legendary Bocuse d'Or Competion by Andrew Friedman, Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl, and My Life in France by Julia Child.
- Speaking of books...Joe and I have been reading a myriad of children's picture books. I don't remember how this started, but we've had a great time reading a few before bed each night. Joe reviews them faithfully on goodreads (he was born to be a critic) and frequently goes over the borrowed-book limit at the library.
- Speaking of critiquing...we went over our 2012 goals tonight and began finalizing our 2013 goals. We gave ourselves a grade for each goal. I got more than one D.
- Speaking of D...I will never again underestimate the power of a good bra.
- Speaking of being pregnant...I'm pretty sure baby boy likes to do jumping jacks.
- Speaking of boy...sometimes I still think I'm having a girl. And then I look at the ultrasound pictures and am reminded it is very clearly not a girl.
- Speaking of pictures...this post needs some.
(Here is proof I was inspired by Julia Child, especially given our limited fridge space.)
(This is the awesome pillow Joe got for me when sleeping became an issue.)
(This picture kills me. Chewie came back from the groomers with a handkerchief and a doofy looking haircut. We called him Mr. Fancy Pants for a while.)
- Speaking of posts...did you know I write a business blog for Joe's company? I may have gotten the job out of nepotism and my mom and Cialis may be our only commenters, but, well, I do it.
- Speaking of accomplishments...I've now completed four years worth of NY Times Monday crossword puzzles. A healthy number of Tuesdays are scattered in there as well (a puzzle any later in the week and I have to start cheating). I picked up the habit when Joe and I were in Hawaii last year and his grandfather "Pop" passed away. I'd just met Pop six months before and only a few things stuck out from that visit: watching baseball while he yelled at the TV, eating sugar free Worthers, and being amazed that Pop could do the Sunday crossword without breaking a sweat.
- Speaking of Hawaii...did you know we went last year? We decided to sweeten the deal and go skydiving over the North Shore while we were at it.
- Speaking of things you might not know...I have a craft room.
- Speaking of running out of things to say...