Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Dose of Cheerful

If you read this blog, you might know that my blogger friend, Charlotte, drove up to Seattle with the sole intention of us meeting after years of mutual blog stalking and commenting. Nothing puts a spring in your step like someone who wants to be your friend even before they meet you.


Charlotte and Asher were absolutely delightful.  Charlotte is an easy and pleasant conversationalist. It was so nice to have girl talk with someone who enjoys Harry Potter, marriage, family, great writing, good TV, stretchy pants, and being a home body just as much as I do—kindred spirits indeed. She was incredibly gracious and kind, and cheered me up considerably. And Asher smiles and peeps every time you even glance at him--it's hard to not love a baby like Asher.

Staying in and chatting for an evening and then taking a stroll around the market (while eating treats of course) with a friend like Charlotte was just what January ordered to help beat the blues. 

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Hooray for Charlotte and Asher! What a compliment, indeed! You are looking sooo cute, and I'm SO excited for April! It's just not coming fast enough.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I agree with Aunt Rachel. April is not coming nearly fast enough. I love the list of commonalities that you and Charlotte share. You are a very, very good friend.

Brenda Goodrich said...

Ande,
Thanks for posting! You should do it more often, please. And would you ask Joe if he's been reading "The Year of Living Biblically" because his beard is kind of intriguing me. Also, Nesha and I want to know what dates work for Cali for your baby shower and maybe you could send us a list of invitees?
Your friend looks like a keeper!
Love,
BRENDA

Charlotte said...

I am so, so glad that we got to officially meet. I had such a great time, and I think we'll have to meet up again soon.

Obviously.

Also, I can't wait to meet your babe. Obviously.

tbone said...

I like to think that I had something to do with this friendship.