Sunday, October 23, 2011

my ReST is over


R--Roasty Toasty.
I’ve began turning on our fireplace in the evening. Even though sometimes it gets so hot I sometimes have to open the window. The heating bill can only get so high before I’ll need to stop, so I’m enjoying it for a few weeks.

S--Spray Paint. 
I recently discovered the versatility and amazingness of spray paint. Nothing beats the combo of Goodwill frames and a $3 can of spray paint.


T--Teaching.
I finally began my student teaching. Four sections of Freshman English. I’ve been observing for two weeks, teaching small portions of the class. In three weeks I’ll begin teaching the class full time for sixish weeks. It’s been both an enjoyable and difficult adjustment. I love being in the classroom interacting with the students and teaching English. I’m not as big of a fan of sharing my time. I became accustomed to the freedom that comes with being a trophy wife. Alas, my vacation is over and I am constantly wondering why school needs to start at 7:00am.

A picture of my desk. It’s mostly decorative, but still.

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Ande. You make me laugh. Trophies are trophies.

I love that pear and those frames. Ever since I've seen what you've done with a can of spray paint it's made me want to do more with it as well.

It's fun to see your desk and what you chose to put on it. What did you put in the bathroom windowsill to replace the flower?

How did your honey butter turn out tonight?

Grace said...

You are so creative! You make me want to go to goodwill and do projects, too.

I am so excited for you to get your student teaching done. You are going to do such a good job! I know what you mean, though, about giving up being at home. I've thought about getting a job a few times, but I don't know if I want to give up being a house wife. Maybe a job would be good for me. Hmmmm....

Cali said...

I loved your desk. My favorite part was the picture on it. I worry i wouldn't have made the effort, yet know what a good thing it is to do. I thought of you a lot last week when I was in rexburg. WAHOOOOOO. Almost done with school.

Rachel said...

Student teaching, arising early, angsty teens, planning lessons, high school drama: exciting AND difficult. Most changes are I suppose. I can't believe you took all those art classes and no one taught you about spray paint! I think it's up to you to educate the world of not just English, but spray paint as well. Good luck! ;o)

Mama Tales said...

Congratualtions on the student teaching....you will knock their socks off!